Learn how Bugcrowd’s Next Gen Pen Test Enables Movember to Secure its Data Before its Busy Period.
Since 2003, Movember has raised awareness and funds for men’s health. In 2018 alone, the organization raised $87 million AUD. With more than 5 million Mo Bros and Mo Sistas around the world participating in this effort, the security of the the foundation’s platform is incredibly important.
Like many organizations, the Movember Foundation runs regular pen tests. However, after receiving the same results year after year, the non-profit foundation wanted to try something different. Movember turned to Bugcrowd.
- Movember handles millions of dollars each November, requiring stringent platform security
- Movember ran traditional pen test before each busy period, but they were too expensive and returned the same results every time.
- Movember did not feel confident in the security of its data.
Solution with Bugcrowd:
- Movember launched a Next Gen Pen Test with Bugcrowd to utilize a Crowd of testers, diversity of skill and perspective, as well as continuous coverage and reporting.
- The Movember Foundation gained access to Bugcrowd’s Elite Crowd, to identify and patch issues faster and enable the small security team to enter November Movember with confidence that the platform was as secure as possible.
- Bugcrowd’s Next-Gen Pen Test Programs not only provide actionable results, they also include methodology and reporting that the Movember Foundation can use for audit and compliance.