GIAC Certification is accreditation of information security expertise. Founded in 1999, the Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) entity offers more than 40 cybersecurity GIAC certifications that confirm mastery in critical, specialized infosec domains. The SANS Institute founded GIAC in 1999, and GIAC provides vendor-neutral GIAC certifications that link to SANS training courses. Several GIAC certifications that relate to penetration testing and ethical hacking, including:
- GIAC Penetration Tester Certification (GPEN): The GIAC Penetration Tester certification validates a practitioner’s ability to properly conduct a penetration test using best practice techniques and methodologies.
- GIAC Exploit Researcher and Advanced Penetration Tester Certification (GXPN): The GIAC Exploit Researcher and Advanced Penetration Tester certification validates a practitioner’s ability to find and mitigate significant security flaws in systems and networks.
- GIAC Mobile Device Security Analyst Certification (GMOB): The GIAC Mobile Device Security Analyst (GMOB) certification ensures that people charged with protecting systems and networks know how to secure mobile devices accessing vital information correctly.
- GIAC Web Application Penetration Tester Certification (GWAPT): The GIAC Web Application Penetration Tester (GWAPT) certification validates a practitioner’s ability to better secure organizations through penetration testing and a thorough understanding of web application security issues.
- GIAC Cloud Penetration Tester Certification (GCPN): The GCPN certification validates a practitioner’s ability to conduct cloud-focused penetration testing and assess the security of systems, networks, architecture, and cloud technologies.
GIAC Assessing and Auditing Wireless Networks Certification (GAWN): The GAWN certification targets technologists who need to assess the security of wireless networks.
Want to learn more? Check out our FREE Bugcrowd University to sharpen your hacking skills.
Organizations the world over need your help! Join our researcher community to connect with hundreds of organization programs focused on finding their security vulnerabilities. Our vast directory includes programs for all skill levels, across many industries and from around the world.
Get started with Bugcrowd
Hackers aren’t waiting, so why should you? See how Bugcrowd can quickly improve your security posture.