Looking to compete with fellow hackers and the chance at a $10K team bonus? If that’s you, then you’ll want to apply to Bugcrowd’s second #BCTeamHunt event!
We’ve collected a wide range of public and private programs to put your team’s skills to the test. And this year, we’ve added some bonus programs which will be worth extra points! The only way to win the grand prize is to work together! Stop, collaborate, and listen!
If your team chooses to accept this challenge, fill out the Team Application. Act fast! There are only 30 spots available. Selection for Hacker Cup teams will be based on the aggregate totals of all-time rewards on the Bugcrowd platform of participating members.
How does the Hacker Cup work?
This year we’re going bigger, we’re talking global:
- Assemble a team of 2-5 players
- Hack with your pals, gain bonus points and make $$
- Expedited triage for team submissions on Hacker Cup programs
- Earn the bragging rights of making BC’s Top 8 Teams in 2022
- Compete against other teams for a grand prize of $10K and exclusive swag
- Application deadline: December 5th, 2022 5:00PM Pacific Time
- Selected teams will be messaged: December 6th 12pm Pacific Time
- First Challenge Round: December 6th, 2022 – December 23rd, 2022
- Top 8 will be announced: January 5th 2023
- Final Challenge Round: January 5th, 2023 – January 20, 2023
There are 2 challenge rounds where participating teams will face potential elimination from the Cup based on challenge points earned during the first round. From there, 8 teams will make it to the second challenge round, where teams will continue their Hunt towards $10k. Keep in mind, teams with the highest number of points based on their unique, non-duplicate submissions will move on to the next round.
How do points work?
- P1 unresolved/resolved non-duplicate valid submissions get 60 points along with the standard 40 points
- Total point value for a unique P1 submission: 100
- P2 unresolved/resolved non-duplicate valid submissions get 30 points along with the standard 20 points
- Total point value for a unique P2 submission: 50
- P3 unresolved/resolved non-duplicate valid submissions get 15 points along with the standard 10 points
- Total point value for a unique P3 submission: 25
Teams that move on to the final challenge round will be informed individually and announced via Twitter. Eliminated teams will not go home empty-handed!
- Teams that are eliminated in the first challenge round will get 5 private program invites per person on each team
- Teams that are eliminated in the first challenge round will also get swag
- Private invites will be provided to researchers within 4-8 weeks after the challenge
- Researchers can only participate as part of 1 team for the duration of this challenge
- Teams must be composed of 2-5 researchers per team
- No swaps will be allowed this year, unless there are extreme circumstances
- For the duration of the #HackerCup2022, there will be expedited triage for team submissions
Are you ready to score big?
Assemble your team! You have until Dec 5, 2022 5:00PM Pacific Time to submit your TEAM APPLICATION. Best of luck!
We’re excited for you to join the 2022 #BCTeamHunt! And hey, don’t forget to stay current on Hacker Cup updates, special announcements, and all things Bugcrowd through our Twitter, Instagram, and Discord.