We are very excited to announce our 2020 Incentive Programs. There are a few changes, big and small, so read on to find out about what incentive opportunities await you this year!
One big change affecting all of our incentive programs is that we are shifting the start date for the year. The new year will run February 1, 2020 through January 31, 2021; this should help avoid some of the end-of-year crunch for Q4.
Quarters will run as follows:
- Q1: February 1, 2020 – April 30, 2020
- Q2: May 1, 2020 – July 31, 2020
- Q3: August 1, 2020 – October 31, 2020
- Q4: November 1, 2020 – January 31, 2021
Without further ado, here are the updates for 2020!
The MVP program for 2020 combines the best of the prior MVP program with the best of the Hall of Fame program (now closed) for a better than ever recognition of those hackers who consistently bring their A-game across Bugcrowd’s Bug Bounty and Vulnerability Disclosure Programs.
This updated program also takes advantage of the new priority percentiles feature to truly reflect the excellent work of our researchers. We’ve got all new swag and recognitions too!
To qualify for MVP, a researcher must in a single quarter:
- Maintain a minimum average accuracy rate of 80%
- Achieve a priority percentile range for P1s, P2s, and P3s above 80%
- Submit at least four qualifying, non-duplicate submissions
- Have no significant enforcement infractions for six months prior to the end of the qualifying quarter.
MVP is an annual program, and it starts February 1, 2020 and runs through January 31, 2021.
For high achievers who consistently make qualifying submissions quarter after quarter, we have the Bounty Slayer program. Researchers who achieve Bounty Slayer status earn cash bonuses, and for those who maintain Bounty Slayer status for multiple quarters over the course of the year, there are additional bonuses included.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Bounty Slayer is unlocked by achieving 50 qualifying submissions within a qualifying quarter over the course of the year
- A submission qualifies for Bounty Slayer by being accepted as a P1, P2, P3, or P4 resolved/unresolved
- For every additional quarter you qualify, the reward level increases.
For those who go above and beyond, there are additional Power Up bonuses:
- Researchers who make over 130 qualifying submissions between February 1, 2020 and July 31, 2020 will earn an additional Power Up bonus of $500
- Researchers who make over 150 qualifying submissions between August 1, 2020 and January 31, 2021 will earn an additional Power Up bonus of $1000
- Power Up bonuses are paid out at the end of the qualifying period.
Bounty Slayer is an annual program, and it starts February 1, 2020 and runs through January 31, 2021.
For 2020, we’ve added new levels to the P1 Warrior program to recognize those hackers who reach the incredible milestone of 150, 250, or even 500 valid P1 submissions! As always, the count of valid P1s never resets, so you can continue building on all the incredible work you did last year.
If you would like a refresher on how the P1 Warriors program works, or what counts as a valid P1 submission, click here. The swag for the new levels will be announced later in Q1.
As always, you can read up on the details of any and all of our incentive programs here.