2018 was a phenomenal year for our researchers and program owners alike, with 32% more submissions rewarded, a 25% increase to the average reward and 61% more total rewarded submissions!
In 2018, 122 Researchers qualified into MVP status, and earned close to 41% of our 2018 total payouts, with a rewarded submission total of well over $3.5 million!
Bugcrowd’s MVP program is designed to recognize our exemplary Crowd’s consistency, with yearly qualification open to all Researchers. To qualify for the 2018 program, researchers must have maintained throughout the period between July 1, 2017 and June 30, 2018:
- An average submission acceptance rate of at least 80%
- An average submission priority between 1.0 and 2.99
- A minimum of 10 qualifying (non-duplicate) submissions
- No significant enforcement infractions, 6 months prior to the qualification date.
The 2018 shirt design includes names of MVP Researchers who gave us their explicit permission to share their Researcher names.
And now the results…
- 26% of our 2018 Researchers are receiving their 3rd MVP award!
- 26% of our 2018 Researchers who are receiving their 2nd MVP award!
- and 48% of our 2018 Researchers are receiving MVP for the first time!
Finally, congratulations to the following researchers who had qualifying submissions made prior to June 30th, but which were triaged after the deadline: Hamza_G, jmelika, kernelpanic, PatrikF, testalways and lolwut.
Qualified 2018 MVP researchers are awarded a year-end bonus in the January following their qualification year (i.e. today!), based on their bounty rewards as earned between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018. Thank you for all your hard work and making our programs successful! Congratulations to all!
Program Changes for 2019:
Every year, we review the MVP program and make adjustments to better recognize the work of our amazing Crowd. To this effect, we will be making the following changes to the 2019 program:
- A minimum of 12 qualifying (non-duplicate) submissions
- The qualifying period will now be calendar year – January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019
- The incentive and recognition structure will be on a quarterly basis. Details to come in next week’s 2019 Researcher Incentive Programs blog post!
If you have any questions about how to get involved and qualify for this reward program, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We work with some of the best researchers in the world, and we love highlighting all the awesome work they do.