Bugcrowd Brings Coverage Assurance to Crowdsourced Security
Latest release to Traffic Control and new platform integrations enable customers to find and fix critical vulnerabilities faster
SAN FRANCISCO–February 28, 2019—Bugcrowd, the #1 crowdsourced security company, today announced Traffic Control 2.0, the newest version of its VPN technology. Traffic Control 2.0 provides customers increased visibility, flexibility, and control over their security testing programs. By providing each researcher a program-specific VPN, Bugcrowd enables organizations to easily manage and control access, as well as more closely monitor testing activities against individual targets.
Traffic Control 2.0 improves security workflows in four key areas:
- Access: Enriched credential management and identification provides customers with the most trusted source for testing traffic.
- Control: Program-specific VPNs enable customers to pause or resume network traffic on internal firewalled targets to easily manage and control access.
- Coverage and Monitoring: Enhanced monitoring ensures adherence to program scope and methodology for compliance-driven security testing.
- Reporting: Validated coverage analysis and advanced reporting demonstrates compliance to auditors, partners, and customers.
“We believe it’s our responsibility to continuously build innovative solutions to support the changing needs of our customers,” said Mark Milani, Global Head of Product and Engineering. “The extensible architecture of our platform is paramount to this. Today’s releases further our mission to make the digitally-connected world more secure, helping customers fix faster and bring more secure products to market.”
Bugcrowd is also releasing its latest platform integrations for rapid and reliable handoffs between security and development — a crucial step for vulnerability patching. Bugcrowd now integrates with GitHub Issues to push vulnerabilities to GitHub repositories as needed, as well as persist the mapping of the GitHub issues within the Bugcrowd platform, linking the submission across both platforms.
Bugcrowd’s GitHub integration is the latest in a growing number of enterprise-ready integrations that streamline workflows to reduce room for human error, and close the gap between security and development to help dev teams fix faster, including:
- Jira: Automatically generate JIRA tickets for valid vulnerabilities with a bi-
directional JIRA integration.
- Slack: Receive notifications automatically to identify critical program activities and take action quickly.
- Trello: Connect and manage broader vulnerability related projects.
- ServiceNow: Drive vulnerability submissions through to your ServiceNow instance with the click of a button.
- Qualys: Share vulnerability data across platforms, centralizing vulnerability management.
More leading companies around the world, including Atlassian, Fitbit, HP, Indeed, Mastercard, Motorola, Jet.com, Square, Twilio, and more trust Bugcrowd for crowdsourced security. For a list of public programs, visit: bugcrowd.com/programs. To read some of our customer stories bugcrowd.com/customers.
To read more about Traffic Control or our GitHub integration, visit www.bugcrowd.com.
Bugcrowd is the #1 crowdsourced security company. More Fortune 500 organizations trust Bugcrowd to manage their bug bounty, vulnerability disclosure, and next gen pen test programs. Bugcrowd’s award-winning platform combines actionable, contextual intelligence with the skill and experience of the world’s most elite hackers to help leading organizations solve security challenges, protect customers, and make the digitally connected world a safer place. Based in San Francisco, Bugcrowd is backed by Blackbird Ventures, Costanoa Ventures, Industry Ventures, Paladin Capital Group, Rally Ventures, Salesforce Ventures and Triangle Peak Partners. Learn more at www.bugcrowd.com.