Understanding and building trust with the researcher community is a fundamental part of the program invite process here at Bugcrowd. The more you share with us about yourself and your skills, the faster we can get you on the right programs.
Recently, we’ve expanded our Private Invitation system to utilize CrowdMatch, providing the best program matches tailored to your interests and skillsets. This change is focused on what matters most: getting the right researcher on the right program!
How does the Invites process work?
Our CrowdMatch recommendation engine analyzes multiple data streams and utilizes them to recommend best-matched programs based on your platform performance, behavior, skills, and availability.
Researchers that keep their profile information and preferences up to date, and are consistently active on programs, should have no worries about qualifying into our CrowdMatch brackets. Summed up: Stay active, stay connected, and show impact to maximize the invites in your inbox!
Looking for more invites?
There’s nothing better than waking up to a fresh program invitation in your inbox. That exhilarating feeling of taking on a new challenge never gets old!
With our expanded product offerings including Penetration Testing, Attack Surface Management, Vulnerability Disclosure programs, and new program launches each week, we are consistently on the lookout for a wide range of skills and backgrounds within the Crowd.
Whether you’re a fresher or seasoned researcher, we recommend the following:
- Filling out the Resume and Skills and Interests sections in your Researcher profile is one of the best ways for us to understand your background. You can use these features to tell us all about your skills and the accomplishments you’ve made in Information Security and beyond!
- Connecting your GitHub, StackOverflow, and PentesterLab accounts to give us a stronger understanding of your skills, interests, and experiences outside of the platform.
- Keeping your profile information up to date with your preferences and availability so we know you are ready to hunt!
- Diversifying your skillset so you can qualify for more testing types.
- Participating on a variety of programs including public, private, Waitlisted, and Joinable.
- Be active and show your impact!
- We calculate impact based on the number of unique higher priority submissions reported and consistent activity on Bugcrowd programs. The more impact and signal you can boost across the platform, the more likely you’ll see new invites in your inbox.
Even if you’ve never hunted with us, there are always opportunities to be found!
Our Programs page provides our current program offerings and includes information on the reward ranges, scope, and target types for specific engagements. Check out our Waitlisted and Joinable programs to gain immediate access to some of our private program opportunities, which range from testing web apps, APIs, reverse engineering binaries/desktop apps, network pentests, and even IoT devices!
What happened to the old Invites process?
Previously, program invites were sent to Researchers based on their accuracy, trust, impact, and activity on the Bugcrowd platform all-time and within the last 90 days.
While we still evaluate a researcher’s platform performance when sending invites, we have made substantial enhancements to the platform to ensure that a holistic understanding of a researcher’s skills and interests are also considered during the invite process. Each of our researchers are unique and have different needs and interests we want to consider when sending out invites!
Whether you’ve hacked with us for 5 minutes or 5 years, we’re working hard to get you on your new favorite program. Happy Hunting!
Still have questions about Private Program invites? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!